Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Old Women Long Leg Knickers

Metallica (alias "The Black Album") - Metallica

By Baptiste

1991
Heavy Metal

" Who are you? Where have been? Where are from?
Gossip On The burning tip of your tongue.
You Lie So Much You Believe Yourself. "

Knowing that the tubes Enter Sandman and Nothing Else Matters , I told myself that I should know more about this group have marked the history of music. In presenting the black album to the employee scalp of the library, it made me smile a little suspect. Is it a code between old metalheads, just as the salvation of bikers or secret handshake of the Freemasons? I'll never know, I do not answer him. I told you: I am a layman.

The album begins with Enter Sandman . That one, I know! But I had forgotten that the introduction was too long. After thirty seconds I started to tell me "But you're gonna start your piece! "The same thought crossed my mind to listen to Sad but true, Hollier Than Thou, Wherever I May Roam, Through The Never etc.. Metallica constantly trying to raise the pressure, but the guitar riffs of three notes repeated incessantly lull you well before hostilities begin. Speaking of guitar, these are exactly the same sound throughout the album. Over time, it's exhausting and we find ourselves in confusing all tracks. The finding is similar with regard to the battery: the volumes all produce the same sound. I think if this album came out today, the producers replaced Lars Ulrich with a drum machine. It requires a lower wage and can disconnect at will. The percussion score Wherever I May Roam is certainly the worst. At low Jason Newsted is absent. It gives sign of life only when light turbulence on Hollier Than Thou and My friend of misery .

now discuss a few words ... James Hetfield made extensive use in the extreme personal pronouns (it, he, she, THEY etc..). To summarize, it would appear that "it" is bad, that "she" is not very nice either, and of course "they" are the worst. I'm too old to have read Harry Potter but there is not a character we should not pronounce the name? Either James is a fan of the work of JK Rowling, it is living in a world full of wizards ... Only a few small phrases stand out as " Love it or leave it " (yes, yes, he said too), taken from the song Do not tread on me.

I'm usually not a big fan of ballads, but on this album Black, these are the only songs that deserve to throw an ear. Models without originality, and The unforgiven Nothing else matters are in fact the only songs that stand out from others. The sounds and melodies of guitars are finally different from the rest of the album. The solos are also quite nice and the song, James Hetfield leaves for her costume once rebellious tattooed, mustachioed villain. Unfortunately, he Renfile too quickly.

To be blunt, I do not recommend anyone listen to the Black Album And I even wonder why he has an aura as important. If his name had not become a cult, I'd never listened to this album beyond the introduction of Enter Sandman. If a fan reading this, I would like him to explain his point of view ...

The best conditions for listening to the album: To listen to an album feeling so testosterone, nothing beats racing cars! Again, I advise you to Florida, especially the Daytona International Speedway , where you will attend a Nascar race.

The song of the album : Nothing else matters . It's not very original, I know, but the other tracks on the album all have the same taste.

The sequence of good taste: Replay albums published the same year that it will prove to you that Metallica had not yet entered in the 90's. I advise you to Leisure Blur and of course, reject an ear Nevermind.

0 comments:

Post a Comment