Thursday, January 13, 2011

Burn From Eyebrow Waxing



De La Barca

SIGISMOND. He speaks the truth. - Thus repress this natural wild, these outbursts, this ambition, if I would come again to dream. He necessary and I will do since I'm in a strange world to live is to dream, and I know from experience that the man who lives what he dreams is waking up. - The king dreams he is king, and he lives in this illusion, commander, and with governing, and these liars praise he receives the death marks on the sand and breathe them away. Who may want to reign, seeing that he will wake up in death? ... He dreams, rich in wealth that gives him so much trouble - he dreams, the poor, its poverty, its misery, his suffering - he dreams, one that grows and thrives - he dreams, one who cares and invites - he dreams, he who offends and outrage - and the world, finally, though nobody knew it, everyone wants what they are. Myself, I dream that I am here in chains, as I once dreamed that I saw myself free and powerful. What is life? An illusion. What is life? A shadow, a fiction. And so the greatest good is little, since life is a dream and that dreams are only dreams.


If this is all a dream, if this is all vain glory, what a man, for the vainglory of this world, and lose a wildly divine glory? Does past happiness is not a dream? Is this only remembering the pleasures we have tasted, it does not always end up saying to yourself: I dreamed all this? ... Well! since this is my illusions fell, and since I am now convinced that the desire is in humans that bright flame which converts to ashes everything she touched - light dust which dissipates the slightest wind - not therefore believe that what is eternal, and the lasting glory where happiness and greatness
have neither end nor rest nor sleep ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment